The Rogan Josh was lovely although I imagine with longer, slower cooking the flavours would develop better so perhaps when I eat it as left overs, it will be even better. Also, this is a veggie curry and I think the addition of lamb would improve it! Perhaps then minus the chickpeas? The clove rice is amazing and the carrot salad good. I couldn't get chapattis so we had some naan instead. The only odd thing is the lemon pickle. Too lemony but cue our views on JO and his love of lemon and fennel - to be tempered in all recipes.

I also attempted Allbran rusks this week. They are good but the general consensus is that the original recipe is better. I do, however, adore rusks! I have to explain to all my UK friends that when I am offering them a rusk or two, I am not trying to get them to eat baby food (Farley's rusks) as there is no equivalent here!
In other news:
- EEROD will be 6 months on Thursday - where has the year gone?
- I am so over the freezing cold weather
- We can't decide where to go on holiday this year
- EEROD learnt to sit up last week
- Been a bit consumed with the Pistorius business over the past week. All very sad
- Should I be rating the JO meals? I think this would be a 7/10.
- I have realised that I have no wildy exciting news at the moment..........


No comments:
Post a Comment