I have some pics and it was nicer on day 2 but essentially was just a risotto of butternut, red pepper and rocket using barley instead of arborio rice. Took longer to cook and I think the rice would have been nicer. Oh well, we win some, we lose some.

In other news:
- I am back at work. OMG, I am I tired and I have no idea how we are going to stay in control of things like washing and shopping? It's going to be a challenge but fingers crossed it's all alright on the night...
- The garden continues to deliver yumtious veg. Carrots are amazing and the courgettes are still coming. I thinned out the tomato plants to allow some sun to reach the tomatoes and of course haven't seen the sun since. I also transplanted some of the cauliflowers and think I may have killed them.....
- My epic apple and chilli jellying has begun. I got my first batch of Earlsfield apples over the weekend and as I type, they have just reached 100 degrees and have 5 degrees to go! Am very excited but have 36 jars to do for the WI and then of course a whole lot for us and those donating apples.
- EEROD still doesn't sleep through the night and is showing few signs of walking before her 1st birthday which is a Graham family benchmark. Very chatty, thinks sleep is for other babies and utterly gorgeous.
- LOD is getting a bit stroppy these days. I sense she is probably ready for 'big school' but has another year to go. She is desperate to read and still loves writing and drawing. Big into imaginary play and my shoe cupbaord is often the source of her dressing up for the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment