I haven't caught up on the blog in a while. The last few months have been manic at work, exhausted growing a human and then Christmas happened somewhere in the middle. I never even finished writing up my sewing challenge of 2014. So here goes.....
Well, I went from early April 2014 - late December 2014 without buying any clothes (for me) apart form underwear. I had to crack just before Christmas as I had no jumpers and it got a little chilly and I am not a knitter (I have an order in with the MIL for some knitwear). It's strange, I have lost any desire to go clothes shopping. It's very sad and now anything I buy will need to look a little like our Kingsize duvet cover, I can't see me getting excited about clothes shopping for a very long time.
So, here's the list of stuff I made last year:
- Pajama bottoms - lasted through summer but the needle was too thick for the jersey fabric so the fabric ended up splitting around the stitches. Now in the bin. Lesson learned around needle size v fabric strength
- 4 blouse / top things - taken from a T-Shirt patter but one made of lace, one from plain white shirting, one from our old duvet and one with an interesting zip front. I love all of these and the pattern was a resounding success
- 1 x 3/4 sleeve T-Shirt and 1 x cap sleeve black embellished T-Shirt. Both a success. Necklines are tough but I have improved through the year.
- 3 x pairs of 'work' trousers. These were a pattern experiment. I mushed two patterns together and ended up with something that fits really well and that I love. Pity I wont get back into those for the next......2 years probably.
- 2 pairs of 'play' trousers. My floral ones are probably my favourite thing I made all year and I am hoping, as the waist is elasticated, will still fit under my (soon to be) enormous tummy! Fingers crossed
- A jacket - this was the first thing I made and at the time I thought I was a sewing genius but in hindsight, it isn't great. It's also now a bit big (there was weight-loss last year) but will soon not even do up
- A dress - I love my dress and will make more once waistline has been found again (2016?)
- Refashioned a dress into a skirt - the elasticated waist on this should also see me through bumpier times in summer
So, in total, I got 6 new tops, 4 new pairs of trousers, a dress, a skirt and a jacket. Which, I think is quite good. I have packed lots of it away but here is a pic of the bits still hanging about my cupboard in the vague hope they will get another wear in....
This year sees my biggest sewing challenge to date as I have agreed to make three bridesmaid dresses for a local mum. The fabric patterns and measurements all arrived through the door last week but I am yet too terrified to start. I have until October to get these done but suspect I will be a smidge tied up come the summer so hope to get them done by then. As an added challenge, the dresses are for adolescent girls who are likely to grow......
Really though, I am going to revert to cooking for this blog in 2015. It is going to be all about things Charles can cook...... more info in the next installment
In other news:
This year sees my biggest sewing challenge to date as I have agreed to make three bridesmaid dresses for a local mum. The fabric patterns and measurements all arrived through the door last week but I am yet too terrified to start. I have until October to get these done but suspect I will be a smidge tied up come the summer so hope to get them done by then. As an added challenge, the dresses are for adolescent girls who are likely to grow......
Really though, I am going to revert to cooking for this blog in 2015. It is going to be all about things Charles can cook...... more info in the next installment
In other news:
- COD and I seem to be considering a life changing move to the seaside - WTF?
- BOD3 is 14.5 weeks cooked
- EEROD is amazing and completely nappy free day and night aged 2yrs 4 months. Awesome for 6 months until we start all over again!
- LOD is reading up a storm. Last week's reader was about gardening. I was informed she did not like the subject matter. Hmmmm, this will not bode well for her
- Lion-O managed to injure himself fairly severely and invoke the use of pet insurance (thank heavens for pet insurance). He is fine now but still rather embarrassed at having bits of shaved fur
- Project 'redo downstairs' will hopefully kick off shortly......
- I started this post at the beginning of Jan and I can conclusively say I fit into only the top bits in the above pic.
No comments:
Post a Comment