Sunday, 4 March 2012

Super quick hash with awesome stuff!

Yesterday we inherited another toddler for the afternoon and night but luckily both girls were knackered by 7pm and went straight to sleep so I could get on with another Jamie special. Last night's super-fast beef hash with jacket potatoes, goddess salad and lovely butter beans and bacon was another resounding success. I didn't quite stick to the recipe as I couldn't have been bothered with the fancy lettuce and watercress so iceberg and cucumber made up the salad. It was perfect and the creamy avo dressing will be made again.

We had the leftover hash for lunch in pita bread with cheese and ketchup - perfect!

So, to date, I have done 5 of 50 so a ways to go yet. My challenge this week is to search for recipes using the leftover odd ingredients from other recipes.

In other news:
  • COD turns 37 tomorrow and for once I have a whole pile of presents for him so am hoping he likes them all and they fit
  • LOD has learned that my phone delivers nursery rhymes via Youtube 
  • BOD2 is making itself known more and more (16 weeks)
  • The seeds have arrived and propogating starts next weekend. This year I am trying yellow and green courgettes, gem squash, heritage tomatoes, mixed lettuces, baby sweetcorn and whatever else I find inthe basement from last year....

No comments:

Post a Comment