It has never even crossed my mind to buy, let alone cook,
chicory. In fact, I can't even tell you what veggie family it belongs to (a quick Wikipedia tells me it is of the salad family - as opposed to the cabbage one I guess and also that it is called endive in the US), however, a Saturday of 'JO takes over channel 4' means I watched reruns of 30 min meals and was inspired. So, I delved into the book and took on a pasta dish with chicory salad and a trifle sort of thing for dessert.
It was awesome again although I am not convinced I would rush out to get more chicory. Not that we dind't enjoy it but not going to make my top ten veg list (top 5 = peas, beans, courgettes, brussel sprouts and a roving 5th place currently taken by asparagus).
 |
| Sicilian-style rigatoni with pesto |
 |
| Chicory salad with rosemary, olive oil and balsamic |
 |
| Rocket and parmesan salad with lemon and olive oil dressing (yum dressing) |
 |
| Trifle thingy made with Limoncello, organe juice and raspberries |
|
This JO experiment is going to make us fat. On the upside, this recipe led to less washing up and start to finish in 24 mins (I didn't do the ciabatta but that wouldn't have taken 6 mins to prep!).
In other news:
- ROD is unwell and pregnant which is a vile combo. Paracetamol really is for the birds
- 28 week bloods today so arms look like a sieve
- LOD has been given a scooter in an attempt to wean her off the pram before BOD2 arrives
- LOD is doing so well with toilet-training. 2 x poo-on-the-loo this weekend
- 7 weeks of work left, and counting
- Major hair disaster this past weekend
- Clearly struggling with formatting this blog
No comments:
Post a Comment