Sunday, 29 April 2012

Catherine wheel sausage with horseradish mash

Has it really been almost a month since I dipped into the 30 min meal book? I certainly am not going to meet my target at this rate. So, couldn't have been bothered to 'catherine wheel' the sausages (after all, that is the reserve of boerewors...) so we just skewered 6 together and can't think that it made any difference. Also, didn't have sage so used rosemary instead. All-in-all, a truly delish meal. COD was in charge of the baked, stuffed apples which were amazing and I don't in general opt for hot fruit but these will be made again! Lots of the mash left over which will be amazing with salmon this evening and then the left over leek gravy will reappear on Tuesday with baked chicken pieces. Here are some pics:



All achieved in well under 30 mins and in time for BGT!





In other news:
  • 24.5 weeks pregnant and BOD2 is a kicker just like its older sister was
  • Off to Ireland next week which should be good
  • It has rained for 7 days straight and forecast to stay the same for the next 7 days 
  • COD and I went on a sushi-making course (courtesy of Living-social) which was brilliant. Some pics:

  •  We have started renovating the upstairs bathroom and office and the dust is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment