You'd be forgiven if you thought I had given up on 'ROD's Life' as there hasn't been an entry since April 2015. Well, we have had a fair bit on. I gave some hints earlier in the year that a move out of London was potentially on the cards and that BOD3 was cooking so..... best we catch up a little......
Let's start with a recipe. I did a fair bit of cooking this year and branched out of his Godliness JO's books into the world of Nigella and made some brilliant things nicked off FB posts. I had intended for this year to be about things my younger brother would eat (think bland, unseasoned, no sauce stuff....) but I don't cook like that and so I think that's where the downfall of the blogging for 2015 started. I did however cook lots of stuff he wouldn't eat! I don't have time detail them all but some of the highlights were:
Ricotta and White Chocolate Cheesecake
By far my best recipe discovery for 2015 had to be
Ricotta and White Chocolate Cheesecake. This recipe came into my life because my youngest brother gave me a
cheese making kit for my birthday and when they came to visit we set about making cheese. The kit does mozzarella and ricotta. We wanted to make mozzarella but a small mix up between Farenheit and Centigrade meant we made ricotta instead - about 1kg of the stuff! It was superb but I needed a ricotta outlet. So, a bit of Googling and the BBC came up trumps. I have made it with both pomegranate and raspberry topping and the general consensus is that raspberry works better - this may have been influenced by Paul Hollywood's dislike of Flora's continual use of pomegranate on this season's Great British Bake Off. Also, I can never find amaretti biscuits so just used dark chocolate digestives for the base - YUMMY!
 |
| Ricotta |
Here's the cheese and cheesecake in both forms.
 |
| Raspberry topping |
 |
| Pomegranate topping |
A selection of pics of some of the other cooking delights:
 |
| Nigella's rice bowl |
 |
| Oat Pancakes |
 |
| Apple roses |
 |
| Strawberry chocolate tart |
 |
| EEROD's birthday cake |
 |
| Pesto Christmas tree |
FFS - I cannot get the picture formatting right.
In other news:
- BOD3 arrived in mid July and AOD is thriving. Hard to believe she is almost 6 months already. Poor COD is truly outnumbered by us ladies but three little girls is perfect

- The move to the seaside happened. Indeed, we upped sticks and are now thriving on the Isle of Wight. It has been a really good move. COD is taking longer to adjust but the girls and I have happily settled into a new house, a new school and new friends
- I spent a morning at the school Christmas Fayre flogging apple and chilli jelly and aprons. Rin's Stuff has been born and I now need to put some effort into keeping the FB page updated and see what happens
- Work still think I am on maternity leave. I am on maternity leave but not likely to be reclaiming my desk in Kingston any time soon. This will be an interesting new chapter in something for me from September 2016
- LOD will be 6 (6!!!!!) next week and we have a Beauty and the Beast party to get through this weekend. EEROD is 3.5. The less said about this age the better really.
- This is the last ROD's Life post. Firstly, I need a new blog title as I no longer live in London and secondly I detest this blog format so am switching to something else (suggestions on a post card please) and will be reborn as 'ROD's Island Life' in the New Year. Back to food and cooking in the main.
ROD's Life London has been fun - thanks for reading and catch you in 2016. Happy New Year x
No comments:
Post a Comment